Date: 6/19/18 6:18 pm
From: Arlene Ripley <arleneripley...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Huachucas--Garden Canyon--HOODED WARBLER
This afternoon as I was finishing up my (informal) leps/odes survey of
upper Garden Canyon, I stopped at one of my usual spots and was
distracted by a song I haven't heard in over 10 years. It sounded just
like a Hooded Warbler and, sure enough, as I looked up in the trees,
there was a male HOODED WARBLER. I saw it well for a few seconds but
barely got two documentation photos and they are poor but I think they
show enough for verification. It immediately flew down into the thick
vegetation next to the creek and vocalized the typical Hooded Warbler
song a few more times before I lost it. I stayed there for a good half
hour hoping it would reappear for decent photos but I did not see it
again. The time was around 12:15 pm. The location is maybe a tenth of a
mile before the Sawmill parking lot where there is water running down
the dirt road. The bird was on the creek-side of the road (left) as you
go toward the parking lot. I'll put the photos on my eBird checklist
later tonight.

Arlene Ripley
--
Dragoon Mountains foothills, west