Date: 6/18/18 2:13 pm
From: Jeff Blalock via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Birding after the Atlas Project in Halifax.
Greetings all

One would think that after spending three long days in the heat out for this past weekend working on the VSO Atlas Project
that I would stay home today and rest.

Wrong went to Chapel Hill and saw YCNH with chicks in nest in the front yard of a very nice lady. This is the third year for them nesting there. A NC Lifer for eBird for me although I have seen them in NC before but it wasn’t a Lifer so didn't record the date

Then I went to Raleigh where Susan Campell had reported a MIKI yesterday stayed almost an hour no kite. Then went to another location only 13 minutes away at Crabtree Creek that had a kite reported yesterday, my first time there and it is really a great place to bird only wish I lived closer.
So I missed the kites at both locations but saw one of the two Roseate Spoonbills.

Saw a ROSP last year in Orange County NC now this was for Wake County.

Got to cut grass tomorrow no matter what.

Good Birding Always

From my iPhone

May God Bless and Keep You

Jeff Blalock