Date: 6/18/18 12:58 pm
From: Craig Kesselheim <ckesselheim...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Not often on birder's radars: white privilege
Birding friends - I am sharing this in the spirit of an informational and
non-political perspective on our shared passion; I hope that's OK within
the listserv community. I don't need replies unless you wish to, and I'm
happy to receive those off-list. From where I sit it seems like the
community of birders in the world is not yet representative of who lives in
our towns and our region.

This is a 2-minute video called "Birding While Black
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaPWAE34GJU>." It showed me yet another
way that I don't have to be reminded of my race: when I step out of the
house wearing a hoodie and carrying binoculars. For me it was important
food for thought and action.

Best,
Craig K