Date: 6/18/18 5:59 am
From: Jennifer Coulson <jenniferocoulson...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Eaglet Left Behind?
Michael and LABIRD:

It is possible that something happened to one or both parents. It is very
unlikely that both parents are fine and have abandoned their young. But my
educated guess is that the eaglet is fine. When an eaglet is at fledging
age, the parents quickly drop off food and may only visit the nest to bring
in food once a day, so it would be difficult to detect whether the parents
are still feeding the eaglet. I will need more information before
determining whether a rescue is in order, so please have your in-laws call
me: (504) 717-3544 (cell).

Jennifer Coulson
President
Orleans Audubon Society
www.jjaudubon.net

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 2:38 PM, Michael LeRay <leray1...> wrote:

> My in-laws have an eagle nest behind their home and claim there is an
> eaglet in it but the parents are gone. They say it stands on the edge of
> the est and flaps its wings but it has never flown and it's been by itself
> for about 2 weeks. Is it possible that it's still alive after two weeks
> without food? Should it be rescued?

Join us on Facebook!