Date: 6/16/18 11:07 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [COBOL] Lake Creek Lodge
I birded Jefferson County today. I stopped in at Lake Creek Lodge around
1:30pm. I went into the office to ask permission to bird and was given
consent by the very helpful staff person. He indicated that someone was in
Cabin 10 (where the Catbirds have been seen most regularly). He suggested
that I stand in front of Cabin 6 and look back in the direction of Cabin 10.
Within a minute one of the birds popped up. It briefly sang from the top of
a wild rose on the other side of a creek and then flew towards me where it
sang from a bush before it headed east down the Willow Bridge Trail. It
spent some time singing from a Ponderosa Pine near the first picnic table
along the trail. The bird repeated this route several times in the 45
minutes I was there. It also spent some time in the row of bushes between
Cabin 10 and the creek and as I left it was near the main bridge by the
office.

Everyone I encountered at the Lodge was extremely friendly. It was extremely
relaxing birding in this delightful location. For a list of what I saw at
Lake Creek Lodge check out this eBird list:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46599091

Tom Crabtree, Bend