Date: 6/13/18 6:06 pm
From: Floyd, Chris <chrisf...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Documentation of Ovenbird Nest in Leominster SF
Only second time I've ever seen this and first time I've discovered it on my own; so thought I would share with this list.

Details and photos at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46531256 .

Very relieved that I was careful enough for the disturbed bird to return to its incubation and stay put.

Any opinions on the darker greenish egg being a cowbird egg?

With directions from Ron Lockwood, I was visiting the spot in hopes (unfulfilled) of seeing Louisiana Waterthrush. Perhaps it was too late in the day or perhaps the birds Ron saw and heard there Friday have already finished breeding and left the area. No sign of them.

Chris Floyd
Lexington
<chrisf...>

Join us on Facebook!