Date: 6/13/18 10:50 am
From: Jim Berry <jim.berry3...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Fwd: eBird Report - Martin Burns WMA, Jun 11, 2018
I forgot to send this list from two days ago (monday) to massbird.

Martin Burns WMA, Newbury
Jun 11, 2018 7:50 AM - 11:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
Comments: I went here to look and listen for several species which I
did not see or hear, but I did hear and/or see a lot of cuckoos, indigo
buntings, etc.
45 species (+1 other taxon)

Great Blue Heron 15 roughly half adults and half young in 7 nests
in back swamp over by I-95
Great Egret 1 same place
Mourning Dove 4
Yellow-billed Cuckoo 2
Black-billed Cuckoo 3
Yellow-billed/Black-billed Cuckoo 2 These two were a pair that flew
silently by me at eye level without enough time to see any field marks.
Belted Kingfisher 1
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 2
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted) 1
American Kestrel 1 in the beaver swamp with the GBHE colony
Eastern Wood-Pewee 2
Alder Flycatcher 1 v-v-vee-BEER!
Willow Flycatcher 1 call only (whit!)
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 4
Eastern Kingbird 1
Yellow-throated Vireo 4 m
Warbling Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Blue Jay 4
American Crow 2
Tree Swallow 2
Barn Swallow 1
Tufted Titmouse 6
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
American Robin 6
Gray Catbird 10
Ovenbird 2 one bird agitated but I couldn't find nest or young
Blue-winged Warbler 2 I heard two males sing and saw one of 'em.
Common Yellowthroat 17
Yellow Warbler 3
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Chipping Sparrow 3
Song Sparrow 6
Eastern Towhee 19
Scarlet Tanager 1
Northern Cardinal 3
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 8
Indigo Bunting 7
Baltimore Oriole 13
Red-winged Blackbird 15
Brown-headed Cowbird 2
Common Grackle 4
American Goldfinch 10

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46476149

Jim Berry Ipswich, Mass. <jim.berry3...>

http://www.avg.com

Join us on Facebook!