Date: 6/13/18 10:43 am
From: Kenneth Able <kennethpable...> [CALBIRDS] <CALBIRDS-noreply...>
Subject: [CALBIRDS] Eastern Meadowlark in Modoc
The bird is present this morning at the same place described by Logan
Kahle. With a bit of patience, it can be heard and seen from the
public road. A scope would be very helpful for viewing. Yesterday
(6/12) some people crossed the fence(s) and trespassed into the
pasture. DO NOT do this. The landowner is upset about it. Cows are
pastured nearby and move around. The owners are concerned about
disturbance to the cattle, gates being left open, etc. This may not
appear to be a particular risk to you, but it is their property and
their wishes should be respected. Many birders visit Day to see a
number of species there that are rare or nonexistent elsewhere in
Modoc County. Most of the residents like birds and birders, including
this landowner. Let us not poison the well. I am told that new
posting signs are due to go up today. Please obey them.

--
Kenneth P. Able
535-000 Little Valley Road

Listowners: mailto:<CALBIRDS-owner...>

Turn off email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-nomail...>
Resume email delivery: mailto:<CALBIRDS-normal...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)