Date: 6/13/18 9:59 am
From: Adam Dudley <adam.dudley...>
Subject: [pen-bird] South SanFrancisco Bay Trail 6/13
Hi folks, the Bay Trail near Genentech has been very quiet recently, with only a few Western Gulls loafing around and hordes of recently-fledged starlings dominating the creek.

However, on my regular pre-work walk this morning I was very surprised to see a female BULLOCK’S ORIOLE along the creek! This is my first record of this species here, and species no. 132 for the eBIrd hotspot. I was also surprised to see a male RED-BREASTED MERGANSER actively diving and feeding by the creek mouth, unusual for this time of the year.

A beautiful morning to be out birding!

Adam