Date: 6/12/18 3:42 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: More Falcon Fun . Bethlehem, Northampton County
Howdy All,

I went by the Bethlehem peregrine nest sire today to check on the
progress of the young birds. As of yesterday it looked like a male had
fledged and a female was still on their nest ledge . The bird that
hadn't fledged was being encouraged by the parents to leave the nest by
offering food away from the nest.

Well today I drove close to their building and a security guard was
looking out for the young female that had flown off of the nest and
ended up landing on a car in the parking lot. This bird was in good
shape and we approached to about ten feet away. The parents were
circling nearby over the river and didn't seem too excited.

There were 4 or 5 security guards there and they were doing a good job
making sure that the bird didn't get hit by a car if it ended up in the
parking lot. I told them about the protocol for dealing with the
fledglings that are on the ground and they said someone was coming with
a box to "rescue" it. I assume this means relocate it to a safer
position since it looked to be in good shape (although it was getting a
hot foot from the black car in the sun).

I had to split for work and hoped everything would sort itself out for
the young falcon. I stopped back around 5 this afternoon and there was
an adult and a young bird up on the nest ledge. It almost looked like
the female again. Unless this is a second young female this might have
been the bird from this morning that took to the wing again and was back
on the nest ledge.

Here are a few pics

Cheers, dave

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy303/guitarded1000/IMAG4168_zpsbf737tlm.jpg