Date: 6/12/18 3:30 pm
From: Carolyn Johns via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hearing Aids
Paul,

I have had digital hearing aids for over 15 years. The most wonderful thing about them is that my audiologist was able to make a special setting for my birding. I took her some old time sonograms of bird songs that I could not hear.... and she set the frequencies on the hearing aids using the sonograms. When I returned home and walked into my back yard..... the birdsong I could hear was absolutely amazing. I never knew what I was missing until that moment!!!

So if one already has hearing aids.... consider asking for a special setting for birding. Don’t be alarmed if you hear other things that you don’t want to hear.... like the chatter in a bar.... Just return to your normal setting.

Hope this is useful to someone else.

Carolyn Johns