Date: 6/12/18 12:27 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Shorebird Data For Spring 2018
Hello Bird People,

Didn't do much today so this will be a good time for a listing of all
the shorebirds seen in the Spring.
For the 1st time I can say that all the shorebirds listed have been
seen in the Chicago area as I haven't been anywhere except the Chicago
area. Also, keep in mind that these are a total of the sightings of
each bird species. Some, like Piping Plover, Killdeer & Spotted
Sandpiper stay & so may be counted more than once but still be the
same bird. Even some migrants may be around long enough to be counted
more than once. Keeping that in mind here are my totals.

Black Bellied Plover = 4

American Golden Plover = 125 (All seen at once at Calumet's Big Marsh)

Semipalmated Plover = 27

PIPING PLOVER = 5 (But probably only 3 birds) (All in Lake County, I
saw none elsewhere)

Killdeer = 303

Greater Yellowlegs = 37

Lesser Yellowlegs = 180

Solitary Sandpiper = 32

Spotted Sandpiper = 180

Willet = 20

HUDSONIAN GODWIT = 1 (Waukegan)

Ruddy Turnstone = 17

Sanderling = 50

Semipalmated Sandpiper = 52

Least Sandpiper = 72

White Rumped Sandpiper = 5

BAIRD'S SANDPIPER = 1 (Montrose) (Not usually seen in Spring in the
Chicago area)

Pectoral Sandpiper = 271

Dunlin = 108

Short Billed Dowitcher = 8

Long Billed Dowitcher = 5

Wilson's Snipe = 72

WILSON'S PHALAROPE = 2 (One female seen at Big Marsh & 1 male in Lake County)

So that's 24 species & 1584 individual birds.

I hope to do my usual more detailed (by month) shorebird totals in the
Summer/Fall.
Stay tuned if interested or ignore such lists if not.

Al Stokie

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional