Date: 6/12/18 10:12 am
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: hummingbirds again
Likewise here. The first *male* rufous showed up 2 weeks ago. About 2
month late.
Last week considerable more hummers of both species showed up and feeder
consumption
increased 5-fold or so. But, these numbers are still very far below
'normal' levels of
recent years. My son in nearby Eagle Creek also reports a significant
increase in numbers
within the last week.
Bob OBrien Carver OR

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 8:11 AM, Karen Saxton <kcsaxton...> wrote:

> First male rufous at mom's in N Bend. Weird year indeed
>
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 7:03 PM, Pamela Johnston <shovzan...>
> wrote:
>
>> I smoked up the kitchen tonight and had to open the window. Zzzzzzip!
>> Love the sound of Rufous!
>>
>> Do you know how to fry eggplant slices so they're done and not burnt?
>>
>> On Jun 10, 2018 6:53 AM, "Karen Saxton" <kcsaxton...> wrote:
>>
>> My feeders exploded a few weeks ago and I couldn't keep them full. Now I
>> have nearly the same number, but they're spending more time on my garden,
>> which is a relief
>>
>> On Sun, Jun 10, 2018 at 6:09 AM, Pamela Johnston <shovzan...>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Same thing in Yamhill Co, up to 4 at once on the feeder, and both Anna's
>>> and Rufous in attendance. I think their absence has to do with the good
>>> weather for flowers and perhaps also for itty bitty flying prey.
>>>
>>> Pamela Johnston

Join us on Facebook!