Date: 6/11/18 2:23 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Curry/Coos Update
Looking on eBird I see that Trevor Hook found two EASTERN KINGBIRDS in Gold
Beach on 1 June, always a good bird on the south coast- two is exceptional!

The nesting WHITE-BREASTED NUTHATCHES in the extreme SE end of Curry
observed by Romain Cooper and Christie Dunn on 7 June I think are a first
breeding record. I have never seen this species in the county- if one wants
to it is it sounds like the way to go is to try from the Illinois valley
side. Russ Namitz had one up near Babyfoot Lake last year which is also on
the east end of the Kalmiopsis Wilderness.

The TENNESSEE WARBLER appears to have been a one day wonder on the 9th on N
Spit Coos Bay.

Joni Dawning spotted a male ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK at Agate Beach in Port
Orford today (the 11th).

Happy birding all!
Tim R
Coos Bay