Date: 6/11/18 6:22 am
From: Kenneth V. Rosenberg <kvr2...>
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] West Danby marsh birds
I made a rare trip to Danby area yesterday, and we had a male Northern Harrier over the wetland on Hillview Rd and the grassy capped landfill to the south. Not sure how close that is to Walding Lane. Also Virginia Rails in that wetland.

Thanks Geo for keeping track of Acadian Flycatchers in that area as well— we saw the loudly calling bird on Michigan Hollow Rd. We could not find a Worm-eating Warbler, however, despite spending more than an hour scrambling on the steep slope where they usually are. Does anybody know of a territory that is active this summer?

Ken

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 11, 2018, at 7:45 AM, Geo Kloppel <geokloppel...> wrote:
>
> In the cattail marsh just south of Walding Lane, West Danby, I’ve got more Marsh Wrens, a nice pair of very vocal Virginia Rails out in plain sight, and a male Northern Harrier (used to breed along here, probably still do).
>
> -Geo
> --

> ARCHIVES:
> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/<cayugabirds-l...>/maillist.html