Date: 6/11/18 4:08 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Pileated Woodpecker vandalism?
Saturday I attended the Bay-Wise & Beautiful Garden Tour in Sharpsburg,
MD.  At my last stop I spoke to a woman who told me about a Pileated
Woodpecker damaging the side mirrors on her and her son's car.   To be
honest, I doubted the story a bit since I never heard of a woodpecker,
no less a Pileated, fighting his reflection in a car mirror.  She
insisted it was a Pileated.  Well, she was right.  Apparently this
happened in Georgia last year and earlier in MD as well.

The Washington Post story covers one of these events.

Bruni Haydl
Charles Town, WV

> https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/what-is-attacking-side-view-mirrors-in-this-suburban-md-neighborhood/2016/06/28/4cda65a8-3cd3-11e6-a66f-aa6c1883b6b1_story.html

Join us on Facebook!