Date: 6/11/18 3:43 am
From: Hugh Whelan via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Listener beware. A Southington Cerulean turned into a Black-throated Blue
Thank you so much Jack and Greg for your helpful and thoughtful answers. I
would say another of the things that makes birding so fun are the kind and
extremely knowledgeable people one meets who are willing to share their
expertise. My apologies also Jack for not checking your eBird list first
which answered my first question. I do think sonograms are helpful as
"auditory impressions" are inherently imprecise (at least mine!). I was
also almost fooled recently by a hybrid Brewster's Warbler singing a Blue
Winged Warbler song until it popped into view. Thanks again, Hugh Whelan

--
Hugh Whelan
C: 860-480-4640