Date: 6/9/18 3:42 pm
From: Thomas Rodgers <tjrb125...>
Subject: Is this unusual behavior?
On Friday past, we had fledgling robin hopping in our backyard ( Zion Road outside Bellefonte ) attended by parent(s). About 6:00 pm saw a ruckus and a Screech-owl had just pounced and killed the fledgling. That got everyone going and the robins and Grackles chased the owl into one of our spruce trees where it went into its "I’m not here" pose until 20 minutes later the robins finally departed. First Screech-owl I have seen in our area, never even heard one. Mostly, we have Barred Owls hooting every year.

Tom Rodgers

Join us on Facebook!