Date: 6/8/18 7:08 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Location Tips for Quabbin Gate 8 (ACFL, LOWA)
Thanks to Glenn d'Entremont for this post.

Barbara Volkle
Northborough, MA
<barb620...>

*

Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2018 21:44:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Glenn d'Entremont" <gdentremont1...>

Need to correct a mistake on the listed trip on the last line of my email yesterday.

My Brookline and South Shore Bird Club trip to Quabbin-Gate 10 will be on SATURDAY July 7 meeting at 7:00 a.m. at Gate 10 on Rt 202 in Pelham.

Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

Glenn

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA

> On June 7, 2018 at 7:27 PM Glenn d'Entremont <gdentremont1...> wrote:

> More directions:

> After passing the power lines, look for two gated roads going north. =
My early July Gate 10 walk comes out the eastern road and we climb the hil=
l west to the power lines where we turn north and head back to Gate 10. Th=
e hemlock covered stream is on the south side of the Gate 8 road and is cur=
rently rushing. I get ACFL almost routinely on my walk and many times we a=
re there relatively late 10:30-11:30.

> I don't go farther east on this road and it appears the habitat conti=
nues based on the directions below. Also, the discrete birder can probably=
stop in the early morning. Don't get out of sight of your car. Taking a =
group is problematic and you are likely to be asked to leave. The June 2 B=
BC group had three cars and were present about 15 minutes before a DCR EE i=
n their personal vehicle (after shift?) stopped and suggested we move on be=
fore a more official person comes by.

> LOWA is difficult to get after July 1, so I have only once had one an=
d it was visual.

> Yellow-throated Vireo is also somewhat regular here.

> Glenn

> P.S. I recommend my Gate 10 trip which is quite birdy. July 6 this =
year; 7:00 a.m.

Join us on Facebook!