Date: 6/8/18 2:03 pm
From: Steve Walter <swalter15...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Brown Pelican at Nickerson Beach
Aside from the Black Tern at Nickerson Beach this morning, I know of up to 5
Roseate Terns seen at one time (although I suspect there could have been
more individuals all tolled). As far as I know, no Arctics were found today.

So after I had about had my fill of tern watching a little after noon, I
went into socializing mode with Peter Post and John Zarudski. I was facing
west during this time, when I saw a Brown Pelican approaching. It quickly
continued east, and from what I could tell, turned north into Jones Inlet. A
picture of the pelican - not exactly the kind I try to get - is on my web
site http://stevewalternature.com/ , on the Birds Recent Work page. I also
posted a few other birds from today and earlier this week.

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY

ARCHIVES:
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01