Date: 6/8/18 8:57 am
From: Bob Schutsky <info...>
Subject: Probable Trumpeter Swans, Southern Lancaster County
Dear PABirders,

There are two adult swans on the Susquehanna River across from my house
this morning. They give every indication of being Trumpeter Swans. The
bills appear very flat, not concave as in a Tundra Swan. The heads seem
rather flat, not rounded as in a Tundra Swan. And both swans appear
larger than a typical Tundra Swan, with heavier necks. The morning
light is good, but they are at least 3/4 of the way across the river,
much closer to the York County shoreline. Thus they are approximately
one mile away, which makes a positive identification just a bit tricky.
I hope that someone is able to see them at closer range and confirm the
ID.

Sincerely,
BOB

BOB SCHUTSKY
Web Site www.birdtreks.com
--
BIRD TREKS--Quality Worldwide Birding Tours
216 Spring Lane

Join us on Facebook!