Date: 6/8/18 7:19 am
From: Marie P. Read <mpr5...>
Subject: RE: [cayugabirds-l] Clear cutting under powerlines
I just sent NYSEG the following email:

"I am hearing from others in Tompkins County that clear cutting/brush hogging under powerlines is currently being done in the area. I want to stress that this is entirely the WRONG time of year to do this! There are numerous birds nesting in the utility access areas whose breeding efforts will be destroyed when vegetation is removed. Have a heart PLEASE. At this time of year, this removing vegetative cover is cruel and unnecessary. Please wait until autumn when the birds have finished nesting and are leaving the area for the winter. Thanks!"

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY 13068 USA