Date: 6/8/18 7:08 am
From: Ken Chamberlain <kjchamberlain...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Distribution of noble fir in the Coast Range???
Dave
Noble firs are scattered on Mount Hebo in Tillamook Co. coast range. Here is an example https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/4215255

They are not found on the most westerly and easterly which were most disturbed by DOD radar installations during Cold War era. The origin of the trees is unsure, they could have been planted after large fires burnt the area in the early 1900s.

I’ve also see them on the higher ridges of NE Tillamook Co. (45.7364461,-123.3945503), with the same question of origin.

Also, on Saddle Peak, Clatsop.

While not technically in the coast range I recall seeing nobles on Brandy Peak, Curry Co, and Mt Bolivar, Coos. Both the highest peaks on their county

I’d guess there are other locations as well.

Ken Chamberlain
Portland

> On Jun 8, 2018, at 6:14 AM, David Irons <llsdirons...> wrote:
>
> Good morning,
>
> This is a question for anyone who can answer it. Does noble fir occur anywhere in the Coast Range other then at summit of Marys Peak? I've not seen them elsewhere.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dave Irons
> Beaverton, OR

Join us on Facebook!