Date: 6/7/18 5:28 pm
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Horned Grebe, etc. Stratford
June 7. Stratford, Long Beach/Long Beach West - During my Piping Plover/Least Tern survey today, I saw the continuing breeding-plumaged HORNED GREBE (eating another Pipefish), 2 COMMON LOONS, 2 BRANT, 5 GLOSSY IBIS, a hunting PEREGRINE FALCON, 4 BOAT-TAILED GRACKLES, and the remains of a dead SNOWY OWL (found by Stefan Martin). A live SNOWY OWL was apparently photographed there on May 23!  Yesterday others saw two late WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPERS.

Frank MantlikStratford