Date: 6/7/18 12:09 pm
From: Rich Bailey <wvbirds...>
Subject: Dickcissel, Greenbrier County
Hi all,

This afternoon I encountered a very confiding singing male on a power line
in excellent habitat near Organ Cave in southern Greenbrier County. Shrike
surveys last year yielded several dickcissel records in Greenbrier and
Monroe counties. It appears the species does currently breed in the
Greenbrier Valley in very low densities.

Additionally, my BBS route in southern Pocahontas County in the Hillsboro
area have revealed ever greater numbers of bobolinks over the last several
years. Shrike surveys this year have found bobolinks on territory as far
south as the Alderson area of Greenbrier County.

Rich Bailey, Elkins

Join us on Facebook!