Date: 6/7/18 6:04 am
From: Rick Vetter <cotingas...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fields Oasis?
Go! Even if you do not see the least flycatcher you can have the best milkshake in HARNEY county, plus they have new BLM RESTROOMS at the store, opening door busting ceremonies were a few days ago!

Add on a trip to Cottonwood Canyon Borax lake, the Alvord desert and Pike Creek Canyon and you should have 50 plus species and gorgeous landscape views.

And look for the ferruginous hawk nesting on a rock pinnacle at long hollow summit. Look to the N just beyond the large wood pole power line. It may be using an old golden eagle nest.

I just saw a pair of Northern Mockingbirds possibly nesting at Black Point well east of Fields down the powerline road past Borax lake entrance. A dusty drive that includes numerous views of singing black throated and sagebrush sparrows.

I am having coffee at Borax lake right now with Birds a plenty singing to the desert sunrise.

Cheers

Rick Vetter

Sent from my iPhone
Rick Vetter <cotingas...> Phone 5415892230. USA
“Even the worst handwritten notes are better than the best memory or technology”
Sergej Postupalsky, eagle researcher

> On Jun 7, 2018, at 5:15 AM, Mary Garrard <springazure1...> wrote:
>
> Hi all, I'm at Malheur this week and we are wondering if it would be worth it to go down to Fields. The oasis has not been much of one for the past few years, with very little water. What say you?
>
> Mary
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!