Date: 6/6/18 8:31 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Breeding range expansions .... and contractions?
I think there are only a few pairs of Snowy E at Malheur in recent years.

Another big expander is Great Egret. There weren’t any breeders that I know of in western Oregon in the early 1970s but now they breed at several sites at Coos Bay, Reedsport, Florence and obviously here and there in NW Oregon. We don’t know where the nests are in Eugene but there have obviously been a dozen pairs nesting somewhere west of town the last three years.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

www.alanlcontreras.com