Date: 6/6/18 12:18 pm
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hartland -- atlasing (poaching?) today
Not "my" block, but one of my favorite birding sites, as well as the site of a point-count I conduct in connection with a long-term hemlock study.

My eBird list is below.

John
John Weeks

Hartland, Hurricane Brook Rd, Hartford, Connecticut, US
Jun 6, 2018 8:30 AM - 12:15 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.6 mile(s)
Comments: Partly to mostly cloudy; temperature 58-61 F.
42 species

Great Blue Heron 1 At Emmons Pond. No heron nests present.
Turkey Vulture 1 Harassed by a Crow.
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 2
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2 S Singing Male
Hairy Woodpecker 2 A Agitated Behavior. The second, agitated bird was a male.
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Eastern Wood-Pewee 4 S Singing Male (all four birds)
Eastern Phoebe 1 H in Appropriate Habitat (near large barn on state-owned property)
Eastern Kingbird 1 H in Appropriate Habitat. At Emmons Pond.
Blue-headed Vireo 3 S Singing Male (all three)
Red-eyed Vireo 21 M Multiple (7+) Singing Males (all 21)
Blue Jay 3 H in Appropriate Habitat
American Crow 1 Chased the vulture.
Tree Swallow 1 H in Appropriate Habitat (feeding over Emmons Pond)
Barn Swallow 1 H in Appropriate Habitat (near state-owned barn)
Black-capped Chickadee 3 H in Appropriate Habitat
Tufted Titmouse 2 H in Appropriate Habitat
Veery 6 S Singing Male (all six)
Hermit Thrush 1 S Singing Male
Wood Thrush 2 S Singing Male
American Robin 2 S Singing Male (one of the two)
Gray Catbird 1 S Singing Male
Ovenbird 20 A Agitated Behavior (One pair was clearly upset by my presence)
Louisiana Waterthrush 1 S Singing Male
Black-and-white Warbler 6 S Singing Male (all six)
Common Yellowthroat 1 S Singing Male
American Redstart 4 S Singing Male (all four)
Magnolia Warbler 1 S Singing Male
Blackburnian Warbler 6 A Agitated Behavior (on part of one male); all six were singing.
Chestnut-sided Warbler 3 S Singing Male (all three)
Black-throated Blue Warbler 5 S Singing Male (all five)
Pine Warbler 2 S Singing Male (both birds)
Black-throated Green Warbler 5 S Singing Male (all five)
Chipping Sparrow 1 Foraging on ground near cleared area close to buildings.
Dark-eyed Junco 2 A Agitated Behavior (one bird; both birds were singing males)
Song Sparrow 1 S Singing Male
Scarlet Tanager 3 S Singing Male (all three)
Northern Cardinal 1 S Singing Male
Baltimore Oriole 1 H in Appropriate Habitat (calling)
Purple Finch 2 S Singing Male. Second bird may have been a female, also singing. (Both heard, but not seen, in treetops.)
American Goldfinch 4 H in Appropriate Habitat

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46352457