Date: 6/6/18 10:03 am
From: W. Douglas Robinson <w.douglas.robinson...>
Subject: [obol] Lake County 2020 blitz gets nearly 200 species
We completed our Oregon 2020 blitz of Lake County on Monday morning after 5 mornings of excellent bird counting.

The county is fantastically diverse, as many of you know, and we found 198 species. If Greater Sage-Grouse and one more owl species would have cooperated, we would have scored 200. Some of the highlights were American Three-toed Woodpecker, Grasshopper Sparrow, Yellow Rail, Snowy Plover, Tricolored Blackbird and 3 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. It was fun discovering isolated locations with Pacific Wren, Chestnut-backed Chickadee, Gray Jay and the like, as well as the mother-load of Sagebrush Sparrows and Sage Thrashers.

Our team of most excellent explorers and bird counters included Will Wright, Paul Adamus, Lars Norgren, Bill Proebsting, Tyler Hallman, Jenna Curtis, and Douglas Robinson.

Up next is the northern Harney and Grant blitz. With dreams of goshawks and white-headed woodpeckers we know we will also enjoy the wonderful scenery, imaginations of what roamed this land when the fossil beds were deposited, and good times sharing stories.

Cheers,
Doug

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>