Date: 6/6/18 7:55 am
From: Vjera Thompson <nemesisquail...>
Subject: [obol] Downtown Springfield Purple Martins return
OBOLers,

The Purple Martins that appear to be nesting in the cell tower in downtown
Springfield have returned for the third year. Yesterday there was one, and
today a pair. They can be observed from the Mill Race Bike Path parking
lot near Booth Kelly, off 5th and South A St.

I first saw them here on June 6, 2016. They stayed until August 26, 2016.
Last year they arrived much earlier, on April 25, 2017, and stayed until
August 2, 2017.

This year I've been keeping a close eye out, but didn't see any until
yesterday. Glad they are back, they are a delightful bird to observe daily.

Vjera Thompson
Eugene, OR
<nemesisquail...>
or <vireogirl...>