Date: 6/6/18 7:20 am
From: Malcolm Gold <malcolmgold...>
Subject: Interesting Gull at Cheyenne Bottoms
I observed an interesting Gull yesterday afternoon at Cheyenne Bottoms.
Initial impression was California Gull based on bill and leg color but
after contemplating it last night I suspect Runt Herring is more likely. I
have a few photos but nothing with the wings open.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46328913

Someone I highly respect indicated perhaps we should just enter them all as
Gull species. After looking at this bird in the field and comparing to
GOTA at the same time I am likely to concur with that sentiment.

Good Birding,

Malcolm Gold
Overland Park, Johnson County, Kansas
--