Date: 6/6/18 7:09 am
From: Malcolm Gold <malcolmgold...>
Subject: Bronzed Cowbird update
I was unable to relocate the birds last night near Arkalon Park in Seward
County but found a male this morning. This was slightly further north than
previously reported, about half a mile past the rest stop and almost
directly north of the campground. Shortly after seeing a Bronzed Cowbird a
male Ladder-Backed Woodpecker flew right in front of me at the same
location.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46345525

Yesterday the Prairie Warbler at Wilson WA in Russell County was singing
away around noon. A lifer and and two additional state birds; thanks to
everyone for finding and sharing updates. Approximate locations in
checklists.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46325709

For anyone visiting the Arkalon Park the city campground charges $5 for
car/tent and $15 for camper and 1 AC unit with $5 for additional AC units.
Train noise was minimal and a shower was amazing for $5!

Great Birding

Malcolm Gold
Overland Park, Johnson County, Kansas

--