Date: 6/5/18 9:39 pm
From: <connie60625...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: IBET Injured King Rail at Montrose Point
I am so sad to hear that the King Rail has been injured. Please get it to a place for immeadiate triage. For any injury time is so important and Northerly Island is not far from Montrose.

If anyone finds the Rail, or any injured bird, I believe the best place  is at the bird hospital at Northerly Island, Flint Creek Wildlife Rehibilatation has a triage hospital at megs field. A better solution for an injured bird rather than willowbrook IL.

If anyone finds the bird You can call me I live in Uptown 312-307-1007 or call Flintcreek at 847-842-8000

Connie

Get Outlook for Android

On Tue, Jun 5, 2018 at 8:13 PM -0500, "Tamima Itani <tamimaitani...> [ILbirds]" <ILbirds-noreply...> wrote:

Dear all,

Krzysztof K. posted a picture on Facebook of an injured King Rail at Montrose Point, seen yesterday.

I just discussed the situation with Annette Prince, of the Chicago Bird Collision Monitors (CBCM) group.  They routinely rescue injured birds, are trained to do so, and she mentioned that there are monitors in the Montrose
area who could help.

Her recommendation is that if anyone sees the injured King Rail again, to immediately call the CBCM hotline at (773) 988-1867.  They will send someone to properly catch the rail and then take it to rehab.

If you are at Montrose Point over the next few days, please keep an eye for this injured rail, and if you see it, please call and try to be as specific as to its location as possible.  Your help is appreciated!

Thank you!

Tamima Itani

Evanston, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!