Date: 6/5/18 9:05 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: RFI: Native North American Breeding Range Expansion into Oregon

> On Jun 5, 2018, at 4:46 PM, James Billstine <billstinj...> wrote:
>
> Quick Question:
>
> Would you say that Black Phoebes as a native North American species have had the fastest breeding range expansion into Oregon? The only other one I can think of is Barred Owl. Any more off the top of your head?
>

> --
> James Billstine
>
> http://wingsaroundtheumpqua.blogspot.com/ <http://wingsaroundtheumpqua.blogspot.com/>

Anthony’s Heron, as our form of Green Heron was once referred to, has expanded from being a vagrant to Oregon, as reported in Gabrielson and Jewett’s book, to now being breeder into southern British Columbia. See the current range map:

http://ninnescahlife.wichita.edu/sites/default/files/private/images/green%20heron%20distribution.jpg

Join us on Facebook!