Date: 6/5/18 2:43 pm
From: Sebastian Jones <sebastianojones...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Brookline Bird Club McLaughlin Woods Walk, 6/5
Hi Massbirders,
For the final walk of the season at McLaughlin Woods in Boston, two of us
did a quick loop of the main spots checking for any lingering migrants, of
which there weren't many. The highlights included the continuing
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker, who was busy drumming on someone's back porch,
and a group of four Carolina Wrens including two fledglings that were being
fed by their parents. The full eBird checklist is below.

Thanks to everyone who has participated in the walks this spring. I had a
wonderful time leading them and getting to meet many of you.

As for the birds, McLaughlin delivered once again and we had a really nice
mix of migratory species and rarities over the course of the season: 28
warbler species (including Orange-crowned, Hooded, Mourning), 8 flycatcher
species (including Olive-sided and Alder), a Summer Tanager, Clay-colored
Sparrow and Gray-cheeked Thrush, to name just a few. Many of these were
seen or heard on our walks or found by participants at other times of the
week. Hopefully, many of you will continue to keep McLaughlin in rotation
for your spring migration hotspots.

Best,
Sebastian Jones
Jamaica Plain, MA