Date: 6/5/18 1:27 pm
From: Sam Miller <zamziller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Old Weston Nurseries Land, Hopkinton. White-eyed Vireo, No; Police, Yes.
I returned to the old Weston Nurseries land in Hopkinton the last two days to see if I could relocate the White-eyed Vireo that I heard and saw on Sunday. No luck yesterday in the rain, and none today in nicer weather.
I did have an encounter with a policeman, who came to investigate me and my car because the LNG facility had seen, on camera, my car parked next to their fence the last two days, and called the police. If you visit this location (now an eBird hotspot) I suggest not parking near the fence of the LNG facility or next to the fenced-in cell tower.
Probably the best bet is to enter along Phipps St., off of Legacy Farms Rd., and park somewhere off the road after you’ve passed the few houses.
Still nice birding here, even without the White-eyed Vireo. My eBird list from today is below.
Sam Miller
Acton, MA