Date: 6/5/18 8:41 am
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: FW: HETO
Hi -

This is a really nice shot of a hybrid that looks mostly like a Hermit.  In addition to the cap, I can see a faint yellow wash below the black bib, which is also indicative of mixed parentage.

I saw an odd bird on Green Ridge Monday that looked pretty much like Townsend's, but with white chest (no yellow), and with the black crown, cheek patch, and bib seemingly expanded, so that the yellow on the face was more restricted.  It mede me think possibly Townsend's X Black-throated Gray?

Wayne
On 6/3/2018 10:36:23 PM, Steve Kornfeld <sbkornfeld...> wrote:
On our Woodpecker Festival tour, Saturday, participant Michael Pogue got this shot

To my ear, the HETO below sounded like a Townsend’s.  In fact it came in like a bullet when I played Townsend’s.  Most of the time the dark cap was minimally visible as the bird was above us.  The photo below shows the cap well.  You can also make out the yellow on the upper chest.

Enjoy

Steve Kornfeld
Bend

Sent from Mail [https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986] for Windows 10

[cid:<bb24f953-2e21-4d9d-8221-fd37c61ae60f...>]

Join us on Facebook!