Date: 6/4/18 5:51 pm
From: Steve Seibel <sseibel999...>
Subject: Re: Mississippi Kites-Wichita--incubation has likely begun-- 5/28 and 5/29
I just now happened to notice that incubation on 5/28 falls outside
the timeline (one day on the early side) of MIssissippi Kite
incubation noted in "Birds of Kansas" (2011). If it is of special
interest I may be able to find photos or notes that pin down the
incubation on that nest a little more precisely within the 5/25 to
5/28 time frame.

Steve Seibel, Wichita

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 12:23 PM, Steve Seibel <sseibel999...> wrote:

> Another nest a short distance to the SSE, in a residential
> neighborhood (the nest is visible from the park if you know where to
> look) also had a kite on it this morning 5/29, and I just now
> discerned that a kite was also on the nest when I snapped a
> long-distance photo in the morning of 5/28 (I didn't notice the bird
> at the time). I took a careful look at that nest w/ binocs in the
> evening of 5/25 and it appeared to be unoccupied at the time, though I
> did see some activity there on a previous day. It seems likely that
> incubation began at that nest sometime between the evening of 5/25 and
> the morning of 5/28.

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>