Date: 6/4/18 3:10 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET McClaughrey Springs, Swallow Cliff & Orland Grasslands Monday 6-4-18
Hello Bird People,

I was birding with Ron Blazek today & we really just had Flycatchers &
a few other highlights.

McClaughrey Springs

Flycatchers here were Eastern Pewee (5), ACADIAN (1), Eastern Phoebe
(1) & Great Crested (2).
Other birds of some interest were Tufted Titmouse, a singing male Rose
Breasted Grosbeak & a Yellow Throated Vireo singing near the parking
lot.

Swallow Cliff

There are so many walkers & joggers here that it's hard to concentrate
on the birds!
We did hear another Yellow Throated Vireo & a Wood Thrush. Besides
many House Wrens we also saw a singing REDSTART our only Warbler
besides Yellow & Common Yellowthroat. No Hooded here & not much else
either.

Orland Grasslands)(North)

Walked in from the South parking lot as we were after the Bell's Vireo
seen by Michael M in the far southern part of Orland Grasslands
(North). But we did not see or hear it although we listened for quite
a while. New Flycatchers for the day were Willow & Eastern Kingbird.
Highlight from this place was a briefly seen CHAT in the shrubby area.

Orland Grasslands South

Didn't really bird here but noticed several Savannah Sparrows, some
singing, a had at least one singing Dickcissel.

The only other bird worth mentioning was the one Osprey on the nest
platform at Saganashkee.

A low key day but Bird-Of-The-Day goes to the Acadian Flycatcher which
gave good, close looks
& Runner-Up to the briefly seen Chat which had it been seen better
would have been Top Bird.

Al Stokie
In the Palos area of Cook County today

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>