Date: 6/4/18 2:22 pm
From: <trptjoe...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Pulaski Woods South (Palos) - White-eyed Vireo, Hooded Warbler, Acadian Flycatcher
Following up on recent eBird reports by Davida Kalina and Linda Padera I went to Pulaski Woods South for the first time. I parked at the Wolf Road Woods parking lot (the very end of the entrance road at the west side of Maple Lake) and walked east on the Yellow Trail. No sooner had I started when I heard, then saw, a White-eyed Vireo (FOY) on the north side of the trail, just after the unpaved trail goes to the north.
Following Davida's advice, I took the unpaved trail south at Intersection 4.. Once the ravine got deeper I heard, then saw a male Hooded Warbler (FOY; finally). Staying on that trail, it eventually heads north along a different ravine. This one had the Acadian Flycatcher. Should one primarily desire that species, take the Yellow Trail from the parking lot and head south at Intersection 5; that'l get you to this ravine in short order.
One I got back to the Yellow Trail going west, I had a Blue-winged Warbler directly above the trail west of Intersection 4. I did not hear it on the way in.

I've requested that this area be added as an eBird hotspot. It sure seemed like a hotspot to me!
Special thanks to Davida for the tips, and to Linda for knowing that area as well as anyone.

Joe

Joe Lill
Chicago, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!