Date: 6/4/18 12:00 pm
From: Jeff Hansen <jeff.hansen.sd...>
Subject: Topeka Backyard Bird update
The parent flickers were calling this morning to coax the young to fledge.
I didn't see any fledge but think some did. I have seen some young
sticking head out of nest box. Parents still feeding some in the box.
Very satisfying to see nesting success.

The great crested flycatchers have a clutch of 5 eggs. They sometimes
attack the flickers when they come in to feed their offspring even though
boxes aren't that close to one another.

The house wrens have eight little ones in one box. They are packed in

I've put stove pipe baffles on all 3 of those boxes as I think a snake got
the bluebird nest.

brown thrashers are building a nest near the flicker box. Seen a catbird
a few times so they may be nesting as well.

--
Jeff Hansen
Topeka

For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to