Date: 6/3/18 4:44 pm
From: Jack Williamson <jack.williamson.jr...>
Subject: [obol] Cottonwood Canyon Trip Report - Sherman County
We birded Cottonwood Canyon State Park yesterday from the visitors center
downstream approximately a mile and a half. We tallied 18 species, most of
which we rarely get to see in our regular birding spots near home in West
Linn, Oregon. The best observations for us were unusually close views of
eight WHITE-THROATED SWIFT visiting nests located low on the cliff just a
short distance from the trailhead, a pair of Bullock's Oriole working a
nest, two Ash-throated Flycatcher, several Western Kingbird and one EASTERN
KINGBIRD.

Pictures here:
http://www.jack-n-jill.net/blog/2018/6/cottonwood-canyon-state-park

eBird Checklist is here: https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46274708