Date: 6/3/18 3:20 pm
From: Sam Miller <zamziller...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] White-Eyed Vireo, Old Weston Nurseries Land, Hopkinton, Jun 3, 2018
A White-eyed Vireo was singing this afternoon not far from the cell-phone tower in the northwest corner of the old Weston Nurseries land. It sang long enough for me to get a tolerable iPhone recording, and I eventually saw it quite well. I notified Dave and Tim Swain, who alerted me to this spot, but we could not relocate it after they arrived. I only had it in hearing/view for about five minutes, but it seems like perfect WEVI habitat, and the date makes me think it might hang around, rather than being a late migrant. Who knows... It’s a nice property to bird, and seems underbirded.
Location and direction details for the WEVI spot are included in the eBird report below.
Sam Miller
Acton, MA