Date: 6/3/18 2:54 pm
From: Alison Wagner <alikatofvt...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] The BUZZ on a Clay-colored Sparrow in Addison Co
Fellow Birders,

Today while attempting to audio record a Willow Flycatcher, I couldn’t help but hear two very bold and buzzy notes of a sparrow. My initial reaction was: Seriously? Yes, a Clay-colored Sparrow kept me enthralled for 40 minutes at Farrell Access this afternoon. About .55 miles down the straight-away, on the south side of the road, there is a small paddock that is enclosed with sheep fencing. The bird was singing on the fencing, in the honey suckles, in a lone cedar tree in the field. Hope it sticks around and sets up shop!

Ali
Huntington

Join us on Facebook!