Date: 6/3/18 12:44 pm
From: Pete Janzen <pete.janzen...>
Subject: Bronzed Cowbirds at Seward County
I think this news has been confined to Facebook so far. Two birders from out of state found two Bronzed Cowbirds in the campground at Arkalon Park near Liberal yesterday. Several birders found the male again today at the same location and the female may have been present as well. I understand that Ted Cable and Doris Burnett found a male and female at the rest area on US 54 at the Big Sampson bridge. This was several hours later. So either they had moved over a mile or there were two pairs of them in Seward County today. Tom and I had a calling Western Wood-pewee, YB Chat and other good finds along the trails at Arkalon late morning. There are photos of the Cowbirds on Facebook and there will be a few more when everyone that made the trip today gets home.

Pete Janzen
Wichita, KS

Sent from my iPhone
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html