Date: 6/3/18 6:17 am
From: Robin Ladouceur via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Killdeer nest under threat at Hillhouse High in New Haven
I could use advice. On a walk this morning with friends I discovered a Killdeer nest on the athletic fields at Hillhouse High. I was distressed to find that I n preparation for today’s track meet on those fields, the nest had been painted over with white chalk. There are 2 adults - one on/near the nest & another further away. I spoke to staff setting up the event and told them about the nest. They knew about it, but seemingly painted over it anyway. They were not interested or helpful until I approached a young man asking if I could mark where the nest is so people would steer clear if it. He gave me a field flag to mark the area & told me he would tell Parks & Rec at the school that they had painted over an active nest. I called DEEP & they are not interested in assisting.

If you have ideas regarding anything else I might do, please share.

Many thanks,
Robin Ladouceur