Date: 6/2/18 6:35 pm
From: Christina Schmidlapp <00000088be8d2f27-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Common Nighthawks, Allegheny County
I’ve seen and heard multiple Common Nighthawks around my apartment building in Oakland the last two evenings. Their peents are easily heard over the building’s loud air-conditioning unit. I’m also lucky enough to have a large Chimney Swift roost within view of my small balcony. (In winter, the late-day gathering murder of crows provides a similarly interesting distraction.)
The swifts, nighthawks and crows (not to mention the Pitt peregrines) have been an unexpected recompense for the loss of my former backyard and its avian visitors.

Christina Schmidlapp

Join us on Facebook!