Date: 6/2/18 5:24 pm
From: Jay Kaplan via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Summer Bird Counts
Hello Birders!

There are numerous Connecticut birders who do not officially participate in Connecticut's Summer Bird Counts (SBAs). That does not mean you cannot help out while you are birding in various locations around the state.

Next weekend, June 9th-10th, for example, we will hold the Hartford Summer Bird Count. Should anyone be birding in the Station 43 area of South Windsor or at East Hartford's Rentschler Field (or what is left of it), where Upland Sandpipers have been reported, it would be most appreciated if you would send in your results to be included in the Count totals. Although these areas will be covered, birds can be seen at any time of day, and we do not want to miss a rarity like Least Bittern because it shows itself at a time when our official team is not there. Results may be sent to me at jaybrd <49...>

Thank you and good birding!

Jay Kaplan, Compiler
Hartford Summer Bird Coiunt