Date: 6/2/18 1:19 pm
From: Michael Fialkovich <mpfial...>
Subject: Butler County Breeding Bird Survey
Hi,

I ran my Breeding Bird Survey today; Paul Hess recorded the data. The route runs from Chicora south to Sarver, in the eastern part of the county.

Highlights include numerous Cedar Waxwings, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Yellow-throated Vireos, Brown Thrashers, Willow Flycatchers, Acadian Flycatchers, Eastern Kingbird, Eastern Meadowlark, two Ovenbirds, several Chestnut-sided Warblers, Hooded Warbler, Blue-winged Warbler, Kentucky Warbler and several American Redstarts (more than usual). Misses include Veery and Black-and-white Warbler.

Unusual and I believe a first for this route, two Green Herons flying over one of the stops.

On the behavior side, I saw a Rose-breasted Grosbeak gathering nesting material and watched a Yellow-throated Vireo capture what appeared to be a 17 year Cicada.

Mike Fialkovich
Pittsburgh Area, Allegheny County

Join us on Facebook!