Date: 6/2/18 10:47 am
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Summer Bird Counts and the CT Bird Atlas
Hi everyone,
With Connecticut's Summer Bird Count season starting tomorrow, I've written a short piece on how birders can contribute to both the SBCs and the CT Bird Atlas simultaneously.  You can find it on the atlas blog here:http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2018/06/02/summer-bird-counts-and-the-atlas-project/

Remember too, that ANY time you find evidence of breeding birds while out and about, you can submit the data to the atlas project.  This is true whether you have been assigned a block or not - in fact, you don't even need to be an "official" atlas volunteer to contribute.  Details on how to submit data can be found here:http://ctbirdatlas.com/Surveys-Breeding-Season-Block-Visits.htm

And, if you are interested, we have regular pieces about the project on the blog, here:http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/
Although we are still rolling out parts of the overall atlas project, we are also starting to post some of our early findings - so the blog is a good place to learn about what we're finding out about the state's birds.
Chris Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT
<elphick...>